What Personal Data does the company collect?
The legal basis for processing your Personal Data
How does the company use Personal Data>
Do we share your Personal Data with any third parties?
Where we store your Personal Data
How long we store your Personal Data
Your rights with respect to your Personal Data
Access to your Information
Protecting Children′s Privacy
“Controller” means the Company which is the organization that determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any Personal Data is Processed and used in its business.
“Processor” means any Person or Company Processing Personal Data.
“Data Subject” means all living individuals about whom the Company holds Personal Data.
“Electronic” means relating to technology having electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical, electromagnetic, or similar capabilities.
“Person” means a natural person, corporation, association, organization, partnership, or other legal entity.
“Personal Data” means information (whether stored Electronically or in paper-based filing systems) relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that data and other information in our possession). Personal Data can be factual (such as a name, address, email address, company where you work. SoundDesks does not typically collect sensitive data.
“Processing” is any activity that involves use of the Personal Data. It includes, without limitation, obtaining, recording or holding the Personal Data, or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the Personal Data including organizing, amending, retrieving, using, disclosing, erasing or destroying it. Processing also includes transferring Personal Data to third parties.
“Sensitive Personal Data” is Personal Data that reveals a person′s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership; biometric or genetic information; or information about a person′s health, sex life or sexual orientation; criminal records or suspected criminal activity. This Sensitive Personal Data will be handled with extra care as further described in this Policy. SoundDesks does not typically collect sensitive personal data from public.
2. What Personal Data does the company collect?
You can visit our Site without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Data. But in some circumstances, we may request, and you may submit Personal Data, which may include:
2.1 Information you give us:
You can visit our Site without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Data. But in some circumstances, we may request, and you may give us Personal Data by filling in forms on our Site, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. This Personal Data may include:
- contact information, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, and email address;
- employment information, such as title, division, and current employer;
- financial information, such as credit card and account information;
- for job applicants, additional personal information such as a resumé or C.V., education history, security clearance history and status, citizenship information, and position sought, as applicable;
2.2 Information we collect about you
When you visit our Site, our web server automatically collects the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages on our Site you viewed; page response times, download errors, duration of page visits, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
2.3 Information we receive from other sources
We may obtain information, including Personal Data, from third parties and sources other than from those visiting our website or speaking to a company representative, such as from our partners, advertisers, and other services. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Data that we collect, we will treat the combined information as Personal Data in accordance with this Policy.
More detailed information on cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
In order to comply with applicable data privacy laws, we are required to set out the legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data. In accordance with the purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Data, as set out above, the legal basis for processing your Personal Data will typically be one of the following:
- our own legitimate business interests, or the legitimate business interests of our third party partners and vendors, such as, for example, providing opportunities for customers or prospective customers to request a price quote, offering marketing materials, maintaining and promoting our business by providing customers with feedback opportunities, handling inquiries from our distributors, vendors, and customers, or other instances where we have carried out a legitimate interests assessment and have established an existing legitimate interest;
- the performance of a contract that we have in place with you;
- your consent where appropriate; or
- compliance with our legal obligations.
4. How does the company use personal data?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
4.1 Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- to deliver products to you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, or between you and our vendors or distributors to provide you with the information, offers, products, and services that you request from us or that we feel may be of interest to you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- for quality assurance, and to record details about the products you order from us;
- to make inquiries about you for credit reference purposes, where applicable; to perform data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of Personal Data);
- for prospective employees, to respond to your job application and process your CV.
4.2 Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
4.3 Information we receive from other sources.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
5. Do we share your Personal Data with any third parties?
We do not sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Data with third parties, except as described in this policy. You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, distributors, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets as part of the purchase, transfer, or sale of services or assets;
- If we sell all or substantially all of our assets to a third party, in which case personal data about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- We may send information to our Partners on any inquiry you may make about a product, so that we can service that request. Our Partner may contact you to assist you with your request.
6. Where we store your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
7. How long we store your Personal Data
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it, or as otherwise prescribed by law, for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. In some cases, there is a legal requirement to keep Personal Data for a minimum period of time. Unless this is the case, we do not keep your Personal Data for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
8. Your rights with respect to your Personal Data
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for any purpose, including for marketing purposes. You also have the right to request that we identify what Personal Data we hold about you, that we correct any incorrect or outdated information, or that we erase your Personal Data, unless we have a legitimate reason to retain the Personal Data (such as if we are required to do so for legal reasons).
9. Access to your information
To check that any information you have provided to the Company is accurate and up to date, to inform the Company of any changes, or to learn what information the Company holds about you, please submit a written request (email) to email@example.com. The Company reserves the right to charge a fee in dealing with such a request as permitted by applicable law and regulations.
You have the right, at any time, to object to the use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and/or the receipt or further receipt of specific or all types of marketing information, or to object to the use of your Personal Data for any processing activity. To do so, you can direct your request by post to: Privacy Officer, Kernow Carpentry, Unit 8, Ocean View Road, Bude, Cornwall EX23 8NH or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also unsubscribe or manage your subscriptions here https://sounddesks.co.uk/unsub-48-w.asp.
10. Protecting children′s privacy
Our Site is not designed nor intended to be used by children (those under the age of 18, “Minors”). We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from Minors. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any information to us. If you are under 18, you may use our site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Updated May 18, 2018